Sonic Frontiers Predictions (but not really about the stuff you expect)

The main image of the blog, featuring an edit of Game Informer´s Sonic Frontiers Golden Issue cover

Hi people it's ya boy Aozora, today (whatever day it is doesn't matter) we are here to talk about Sonic Frontiers
That's right, and as the title suggests, I'm gonna do some predictions, but these aren't your common "it's gonna be bad because Im good Sega bad right? Am I right? No im not dumb haha Utopia is the best open world how did you know I think that?"
No, it's going to be a more "different approach", because at this point I don't think I can predict the game itself, but maybe we can predict stuff that happens AROUND the game?
That's what I'm gonna do now, trying to predict stuff about Release Date, Plattforms and Ways to buy the game, and lastly, Versions and Technical Requierements, so, let me begin.

A screenshot of Sonic Frontiers

RELEASE DATE

I know, it's technically predicting the game itself, but I'm gonna pretend as it isn't
I guess y'all already know that I strongly believe the game will come out in early December...
However, at this point, I'm 50/50 about it releasing between November and December, because there's evidence that points to Nov, but then there's evidence to Dec
Whatever, but I honestly still prefer December since it still will be more time for the game to go Gold (get finished to the so called "Version 1.0", usually a month before the actual release).
To keep it short, 50/50 Nov/Dec, I would prefer December.

An image with Sonic Frontiers release window

PLATFORMS TO BUY THE GAME

"It's kinda simple" you may say if you don't dig into the possibilities, which I AM going to do because... I can, I guess?
Yes, I know the game's trailers say at the end the platforms it is going to be available in
But there's a catch with one of them
PC
That's where we start to dig the hole
Isn't just saying "PC" kinda vague?
I think the game will release on both Epic Games Store and Steam, like Origins (and hopefully Colors Ultimate even if it takes a year since release to get it there)
I doubt that they're gonna skip EGS with 3 game releases in it (Colors Ultimate, Mania and Origins).
Honestly besides that the fact that I think that, I definitely will prefer it, while more people can play and there's more access to the games, the better for both companies and players.

An image of the Frontiers release platforms

Now, let´s go into more unexplored territory, The Cloud
I believe y´all already know that Sega is publishing some games on Amazon Luna, more notably Mania, Team Sonic Racing and Colors Ultimate, and the last one released in March of this year

An image of Amazon Luna showing Mania, TSR and Colors Ultimate

Now, I believe it´s kinda out of the blue, but think that at some point we will see Frontiers on Xbox Cloud Gaming, but not necessarily in Game Pass, thanks to the new possibility of playing some of your library of purchased games without the game being in Game Pass itself
This is the least probable and the most probable at the same time, it would be beneficial for both Sega and players, hopefully it can happen (ngl I wish it happens since i´m gonna buy Frontiers in Xbox).

WAYS TO BUY THE GAME

This is where we get tricky, so I'm gonna try to be more clear with this
After some checking of the Frontiers Store page in SteamDB, I was able to notice that the game was tied to some "packages" (let's call these "Bundles" to make these easier)
I consider it obvious that the game will have some Pre-Order bonuses (I honestly don't know what it could be, but if the game has customization and in-game currencies, I bet these will be part of it)
Now, in the actual Editions of the game, I will separate those in Digital and Physical

With Digital we will at least get the typical Standard and Deluxe Editions Sega likes to do, but I'm wondering if they are considering a Premium edition too
Again, if the game has any kind of customization, be sure that these will be part of it, and with game currencies the same

An image with some concepts for how the different editions could look

An image with some concepts for how the different editions could look

Now, with Physical the thing is... more simple... maybe?
There will be obviously a physical release, basically the Standard Edition, but don´t get surprised if there´s some kind of Launch Edition, it would be just the standart with one or two little bonuses, not the same as any Digital edition, probably even less. if we are lucky a physical bonus like some art, controller skin or whatever they want to do

An image with some concepts for how the different editions could look

An image with some concepts for how the different editions could look

THE GAME AND HOW IT PLAYS (REQUIREMENTS AND VERSIONS)

Yes, this game can be bought, installed and played
But if your PC is from 2008 or you only have a Xbox 360 I'm sorry for bringing you the bad news, but you probably won't be able to play the game
In PC, I believe the game could ask for a minimum of 8GB of RAM, I´m not sure about graphics card, but I believe it won´t be something that old, neither something that new
I believe the game could have more than one mode, specifically, Performance and Quality
Performance could allow to 120FPS if we are lucky, then Quality could be up to 4K with the choice of Raytracing in Xbox Series X and PS5, in Xbox Series S it could be from just the resolution lowering, but in the worst case directly removing the Raytracing option and the 120FPS, but I honestly doubt it could happen.with the recent optimization for the Series S devkits

Now, with the Last-Gen Consoles, we can be 99% sure the Nintendo Switch version will be 30FPS, nothing surprising... but what we aren´t sure about it´s the resolution?
Honestly, I believe it will be the Low preset of the PC version but with some more downgrades, but nothing that could be called lazy, in the resolution, 720p Docked and 480p Portable at best, I know it sounds kinda bad but I honestly nelieve it would be fair for getting it to run in the Switch, the easy route could be simply a Cloud Version, and i´m totally sure everyone will take a port over a Cloud Version

Then, Xbox One (and One S) and PS4 will be the middle point in general stuff, probably 60FPS but 720p in both and not that much better than the Nintendo Switch graphics settings, but obviously better, and hopefully the Xbox One version won´t be any lower than that
If there´s Xbox One X and PS4 Pro upgrades, maybe the One X will get a 1440p boost, and the PS4 Pro just 1080p, take in mind that it would be it, Only the Resolution Boost and No Graphical Upgrades

About the possibility of a native Steam Deck/Linux version... I kinda doubt it, it´s most likely gonna be just running under Proton, hopefully Deck Verified before release

THAT SHOULD BE IT, BUT, QUICK RECAP

RELEASE: Early November/December, I would prefer December
PLATFORMS: At launch, Xbox Series X/S, PS5, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Steam and Epic Games Store, after release maybe Amazon Luna and Xbox Cloud Gaming
EDITIONS: Digital Standard, Digital Deluxe, Physical Standard and Physical Launch, maybe Digital Premium
VERSIONS: PC at minimum 8GB RAM, Decent Graphics Card, Xbox Series X and PS5 with Quality and Performance modes up to 120FPS and 4k, Xbox Series S with Res. Downgrade, Xbox One and PS4 at 720p 60FPS, Switch at 720p Docked / 480p Portable 30FPS at best, no idea on a Steam Deck/Linux native version

I think this should cover almost everything, I hope you liked the reading, that´s it for my part, See y´all later!.

Comments